Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Weigh-In

So I've joined a Biggest Loser type competition at work. To be more accurate they are calling it the "TALK IS CHEAP NOW GET OFF YOUR BUT AND MOVE" Competition. Today was the beginning weight in. It wasn't horrible but I wasn't very excited about weigh in with a bunch of co-workers. We did weight, body fat % and BMI. They had a personal trainer there for any questions.

First of all I weight in at 180.2lbs with all my work clothes on and my shoes (I wanted to weight in at my heaviest!). My body fat % was a 33. I briefly spoke with the instructor and he said the ideal percentage for a woman my age would be 25%. So I did some research online and found this:

General Body Fat Percentage Categories

Classification Women (% fat) Men (% fat)
Essential Fat 10-12% 2-4%
Athletes 14-20% 6-13%
Fitness 21-24% 14-17%
Acceptable 25-31% 18-25%
Obese 32% plus 25% plus


Now I will admit that being in the Obese category hurts a little. I know I am only at the edge of Obese but I was really hoping to be acceptable. I knew I still needed to lose weight but I want to leave the obese category ASAP.

Our TALK IS CHEAP competition is for 12 weeks. So by the end of those 12 weeks I would like to see anything plus or minus a pound at 170 and I would REALLY like to see a body fat of 30%. According to the calculations online I would have to weigh 154lbs to have a 30% body fat. I dont know how accurate that is but I know I cannot lose 26lbs in 12 weeks.

No comments: