Thursday, September 13, 2007

In the end...

...it all works out.

I stepped on the scale yesterday and saw 181.4lbs. I cannot tell you how much of a relief it was that I hadnt gained the 5lbs I thought I had. I really think I have revved up my metabolism in the past year. Dont get me wrong, I dont think I could continue to eat the way I did on vacation and continue to lose weight. It's nice to know that the hard work I've put in has done good things to my body.

In other news I received a surprising present for my birthday. I got a shirt. It's a cute going-out-type shirt with matching earrings that I received from two of my girls friends. I was surprised because I have never received an article of clothing from anyone. I have seen plenty of my friends give clothes as a present before but until now I was never one of them. I always knew it was because my friends either didnt know what store to shop in or what size to buy.

This summer I have really started to feel "Normal". Not that I wasnt normal before but I don't always feel so different from everyone else as I did when I was obese. I dont want to offend anyone by using the word normal but it was the best thing I could come up with.

Now that the summer is coming to an end I need to work out my next attack plan. I am going back on NutriSystem, I am getting back to my workout routine, and I am going to set a goal for the end of the year to achieve!!!

This weekend I am headed to West Palm Beach, Fl to see the Dave Matthews Band!!!! If I wear my new shirt I may take a picture or two ;)

1 comment:

Cory said...

That's great, getting clothing from friends. I've only gotten clothing as a present three times before (outside family of course). And one time it was going-out clothing. I hope you really like it!