Monday, October 08, 2007

My new news

I got a new job!!!!

I put in my two weeks notice at my current job today!!!

I am going to be in the same line of work but I will be located in Virginia Beach. Since I moved to Va Beach in May I've been commuting to the DC area every week for work. The traveling has been fun but also VERY exhausting. I miss my bed, I miss my friends, and I miss the little things in life.

I am sad to be leaving some great co-workers but I know I am on to better things! This opportunity sort of fell into my lap and I couldn't be more excited! I am most especially looking forward to 'cooking' again. My idea of cooking is a plain tuna fish sandwich but it's still something I put together.

In other news, my cake was FANTASTIC. I was unfortunately un-able to find the reduced sugar cake mix or icing. So instead I used a regular yellow cake mix and cream cheese frosting. I mixed the cake mix with a can of pumpkin, water, three egg whites and some pumpkin pie spice. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Columbus day (even though I had to work)!

2 comments:

Natalie C. said...

I'm glad that cake worked out for you. I much prefer to eat less of something made with real sugar, rather than deal with sugar substitutes. A recipe you might like (my family LOVED the other day) is corn bread (we used vanilla yogurt instead of plain & egg substitute instead of whole eggs & you can always omit the sugar):
* 1 cup unbleached flour
* 1 cup cornmeal
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
* 2 eggs, beaten
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.

Cory said...

Congrats on the new job!