Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The definition of Intimidation

This goes out to the ladies…

I hate feeling intimidated by hot guys at the gym. By no means do I want them to leave because they are so nice to look at, but it’s hard to not feel judged by all the hard bodies around you as you bounce all over the place. This was one of my biggest fears when I first joined a gym. What I love about my current gym is that there is a separate ladies weight room.

What I have come to notice is that in the ladies weight room most girls don’t talk to each other. We listen to our headphones but it’s not a social scene. We are there to work out and not show our muscles off.

Let me get back to my point…

Yesterday I thought I would try out a new gym that is on my way home from work. I was excited about something new to try. The machines are all brand new and so is the weight equipment…it’s NICE!!! The bad thing is that there is no ladies only weight room.

As I was trying one of the upper body machines a hot male specimen came over to me and instructed me to move my seat up so my arms were parallel. As much as I now realize he was trying to help, I was mortified. I said “Oh, Thanks” and continued with my work out to then hear him ask if he could “Work in with me”. That’s when I had had enough.

After that I quickly gathered my things, said Thank you again to Hot Boy and left.

Has this happened to any of you? Any suggestions on how to get over the embarrassment working out in a co-ed environment?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My only problem with boys is how sweaty they can be (kinda grosses me out)

Don't be intimidated! Once a few guy friends were talking about this and they separate women in two groups: Women that go to the gym to work out and women that go to the gym to find a man. The last group is annoying because they are mostly wasting space and time.
The second group they like because this girls are really working out and making an effort. You could benefit a lot from this guys! They know how to do the exercises and how to use the machines (even the ones that look like torture devices) and it will only take a few weeks for them to realize you are for real and be one of them.