Friday, August 25, 2006

Falling asleep

So last night I started watching Dr. 90120 instead of getting extra sleep.

What I saw both shocked, scared and inspired me and I wanted to share my thoughts with you. I dont watch the show normally because it's usually boob and noise jobs. Beverly Hills is filled with VERY beautiful people with too much money! Trust me I've been there.

The story last night was about two very different women. The Woman #1 was about my age (25), was 311lbs at her heaviest, and had gastric bypass surgery to lose weight. She had lost about 90lbs and wanted to get a breast lift and tummy tuck to remove her lose skin. Woman #2 was about 35, about 280lbs at her heaviest, and lost over 110lbs with diet and exercise. Woman #2 had the same procedure done...breast lift and tummy tuck.

Now I dont want to sound like I am judging Woman #1 for taking the "easy" route. I dont doubt that it was hard for her, but she just did not seem to appreciate it at all. Yes she was happy with a better body but even she said she never wanted to exercise again. In my opinion Woman #2 looked freaking AMAZING and seeing the way she changed her life really is an inspiration.

What the story really hit home about was once your fat you will always and forever show signs of being fat. Even though the lose skin makes me nervous and sick I would chose that over 100lbs of extra fat on my body. When I finally reach my goal and I want to re-evaluate my life. If I have the means to have a procedure like this I will look into it as a last gift to myself.

To both Woman #1 and Woman #2 congrats and thank you for making me stay up way past my bed time last night :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that episode too! The younger girl didn't seem to eager to keep working to lose. And woman #2 really seemed to have changed her whole life. Not just her weight but her love of exercise and her hopes to date and find someone and so on.
I was quick to judge the first one: "she had it easy, blah blah blah" but after more thought I think the difference in attitude was more a result of their age/social/economic differences than their way to lose weight.
Plus, having your stomach cut, stapled or sewn can't be a walk in the park eihter.

A Heathier Me said...

I totally agree with you that their age and economic differences played a big role in these two women's lives.

Neither one of them had a walk in the park. Well except for the older lady that went for a walk with her friends at the end of the show :)