Monday, August 21, 2006

Inconvenience

So I've come to the realization about the truth of dieting.....

It's all about convenience.

On a good day I pack my lunch and a snack for work. Mainly it's combination of a salad, string cheese, yogurt, veggies or fruit. I have a tendency to have the fruit in the morning, salad at lunch and another snack at the most anticipated 3pm snack time. When I come prepared I do great!

The problem is when I'm not 100% prepared. If I dont bring a snack I have a tendency to go to the dreaded vending machine. I do tend to make wiser decisions (i.e. pretzels over Dorritos) but it's always something worse for me than it would have been if I brought something from home.

Being on a diet is not just about disciplining yourself to eat the right foods. Your mind also has to work for your stomach. I need to start being more proactive about going to the grocery store and always having healthy food on hand.

In other news...I had a very nice weekend. I had a great workout on Saturday and ended up taking Sunday off. I'm going to the gym after work mainly because I have a feeling there is going to be a roommate bonding trip to our local ice cream shop. I'll get a sorbet...dont you worry ;)

No comments: