Friday, October 20, 2006

One month anniversary

So how ironic is this...

This Sunday I am participating in the Making Strides Breast Cancer Walk in Washington, DC. It's been exactly one month since my breast cancer scare and there hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about it. When I was waiting in the doctors office for my test results that day I remember seeing a poster for the walk and I could help but think horrible thoughts. When I signed up I wanted to walk in support of a good cause and I was so scared that now I would have been walking because I WAS the cause. I honestly can only thank God for watching over during that time and for having everything work out okay.

So since Breast Cancer Month is coming to an end I hope that we can all take some time do to something in support of the millions of people affected with this disease. Make sure you take the time yourself to do your monthly check ups or ask a friend if they have done theirs.

I cannot wait for Sunday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be thinking about you Sunday and I'm so glad everything turned out well! I had my first mammogram this year, not fun but I am happy to know that everything is okay.

Anonymous said...

Breast Cancer month
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer month at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer month