Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Advice

So I got the following email today:

have a good day my friend. I miss youllllllll!
Love you...keep up the good work and please let me know what your doing. I did dinner with anna last night and she says she look great and youve taken off more weight. I'm trying the no carb thing-high protein. Please give me some tips cuz i wanna start feeling better about myself. I should prolly utilize the gym a bit more huh. ok well take care love youuu...so proud of you babycakes! Hard work and determination...

-dev

I was so shocked when I read the email. My friend is a beautiful girl, both inside and out. She like me was carrying around probably 70-80lbs of extra weight. For her to come to ME for help made me feel very accomplished.

Here is what I told her:

We will def. get together when I get back from vacation.

Im not really good at tips but this is what I can tell you. I try to go to the gym for at least an hour every day. There was a period of time where I would go 30mins in the am and then 30mins after work. Working out in the morning is REALLY hard at first but you have to start slow. Make yourself work out 3 days a week for two weeks, then go 4 times a week for two weeks and you'll see that after a month going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week is routine.

As far as a diet I've never done the no-carb thing. I watch what I eat: whole wheat breads, always eat breakfast (cereal or oatmeal), i eat fruit for snacks throughout the day, salads or fish for dinner.

I think working out tends to motivate my eating habits. I dont want to get up at 5am for no reason, ya know! If it's something I can do it's something you can do too!!!!!! Let me know if you need any support cause I am here for you :)

love,

lana

That email has made my day!!! I am so motivated to eat right and exercise it's not even funny. I'm so glad that I can help and inspire my friends.

No comments: