Monday, January 08, 2007

Be proud

So this weekend I spent with a group of my girlfriends down at the Outer Banks in North Carolina. The weather was gorgeous and we had such a great time. It's hard after graduating from college because most of my friends were scattered all around the state of Virginia. We have always been good at making time for road trips and a weekend get together but they aren't always as frequent as I would like.

Since loosing weight everyone comments on it first when they see me. I'm not saying I don't like the attention but it's always humbling to have a good friend gush over you. What really got to me was my friend Ashley asked me if I was proud of myself for losing weight. It took me a little off guard but I immediately said "Yes" and I truly meant it.

I've always been the fat girl and I still am the fat girl in my group. But this weekend was the first time that I didn't feel like I was always going to be that fat girl. I really REALLY want to hit my goal weight this year and I know it's not impossible.

So my question is to all of you: Are you truly proud of yourself for losing weight? If not, you sure better start being proud of yourself!!!!!!!!

No comments: