Monday, April 16, 2007

Party Foul

My interview on Friday went well. I left about 80% confident that they loved me but I still haven't heard anything. I'll let you know if I do!

Before I headed home I got a call from my roommate saying she had headed down to our alma mater for a big weekend celebration. She convinced me to spend the weekend there so on a whim I drove down. I had sooooo much fun.

Even though I was a good 5-8 years older that the other people there it was a good time. I didn't work out but I tried to eat as healthy as possible. I broke one of my April challenge goals but I will try to make it up this week by not having any alcoholic beverages!!

In other news: It breaks my heart to read about the shooting at Virginia Tech. As a resident of Virginia and having so many friends that have attended Virginia Tech it is hard for me to imagine how this kind of thing can happen. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends, students, professors, residents of this community. All I can hope for is that for a tragedy like this to bring these people together and remember those who lost their lives.

4 comments:

maria said...

I just wanted to check-in and say "HI".. I am part of the 12 Months of Health blog too. I read further down the page that you used to be 289 pounds? How are you doing now? :-)

A Heathier Me said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for your comment. You are correct I used to weigh in around 289lbs. I've lost 89lbs since then and I recently just hit 199lbs. I still have a ways to go but I'll get there!

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

It's hard to stick to "no alcohol" challenges in social settings! The VT news really hit me hard, too... my brother graduated from there.

JOY said...

Glad you had a great time - you are like me I alway wonder when I am with a crowd if I am the oldest!

Good to see you are getting right back on track for your April goal. I am not doing so good at the minute either.

Our prayers and thoughts are with everyone affected by the Virgina University massacre! I just can't get the pictures from the news out of my head. Bless them all.