Wednesday, August 08, 2007

HOT!

Today at work we are having a group picnic. Our team consists of over 100 consultants so it's going to be a pretty big deal. We have rented out a park, we have TONS of food, and we are playing all kinds of games.

Since it's been unbearably hot in the Metro DC area this week I was concerned about what to wear. Yesterday I went on an adventure to find a cool (temperature wise) yet work appropriate outfit. Since I travel and cannot take my entire wardrobe with me I had limited myself to jeans or a cut off jean skirt that was too big for me.

I hit up Old Navy first and determined that everyone else who shops at Old Navy is a size 14 because the only thing I could find was a pair of khaki shorts. When I tried the shorts on I realized that I will NEVER be able to wear shorts in public again. I have the dreaded loose skin on my upper thighs that I don't want anyone that I work with to see. (Reminder: post about this topic later!!)

Next I ended up in Ann Taylor Loft. This store is my new addiction. I used to be addicted to Lane Bryant and saved up their coupons as if they were gold. I loved shopping there because I knew I would find something that would fit. I love Ann Taylor because it's a great combination of sexy and classy clothes that fit MY body very well. Since loosing weight I have become obsessed with wearing dresses and Ann Taylor has the best dresses. I tried a few things on in the store and I fell in love with this....

I cannot even begin to express how sexy, young, THIN, and happy this dress made me feel. Even though it was full price I had to have it (AND the earrings to match). I cannot wait to put it on and head over to the picnic where I will feel great, look great, and still be cool (temperature wise).

Shopping has always been therapy for me, even when I was heavier. I thankfully never reached a point where I couldn't find a size large enough to fit me. My goal was to find something that would fit my body and make me feel better about myself. It's funny how clothes can give you the confidence you need sometimes.

PS....I got a size Medium dress! YAY!!!!

2 comments:

Cory said...

I love that dress. It was a great pick!

Carrie said...

I love the dress too! and think it would be great for a rehearsal dinner i need to go to on Friday. But when you go to the ATL website, it pictures the dress but not the info on it, like price etc. Do you mind telling me how much it was? Have a great time at your picnic!!