Thursday, March 08, 2007

This is a test

Yesterday was certainly a test of my body, mind and soul. I hate to be so vague but I was faced with a few personal problems. There have been times in my life when I would be depressed or upset I would turn to food. I could polish off an entire box of cereal or I would want 4 grilled cheese sandwiches.

Yesterday was one of those days where I wanted comfort...but this time I didnt go to food. Sure, I WANTED to eat bad things but I told myself I've worked way too hard to get to where I am. I found comfort in myself and in my friends. I am so thankful for the people I have in my life and the strenght and self-confidence that I have gained in the past year.

Today should be a much better day! The only thing is that I HATE what I am wearing. I have on a button down dress shirt that is WAY too big for me. I look like a kite walking down the hall way with my shirt flapping in the wind. Oh well....This shirt will be retired after today.

PS....I finished my 3 miles for the week this morning :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on doing your 3 miles, and congrats on not turning to food for comfort! Way to stay strong!

Fatinah said...

Wow - what a great NSV - not turning to food! I am WAY impressed!!!!!

jeannie* said...

I'm so glad you didnt turn to food! Doesnt it feel great today knowing that you didnt turn to food?

And GREAT work on your 3 miles!

Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

You rock, Alana!! I'm so proud of you for finding your inner strength to not turn to food! We've all been there and know how hard it can be!

And great job on meeting your weekly goal! I did as well :)

Take care,
Michelle
http://findingmahealani.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Kudo's to your victory over food!

And way to go on your 3miles.

Tigerlilly said...

Great job sticking to it!! That is what losing weight is all about... getting a handle on the things that made us gain it in the first place... looks like your on a roll!!