Monday, September 11, 2006

Morning Workouts

Let me be the first to say that I am NOT a morning person. However, for the past two months I have been getting up at 5:30am and heading to the gym. There are times where I am only at the gym for 30mins but I feel good for getting up, breaking a sweat, getting my heart rate up and burning some calories.

If you can get yourself into that routine I totally recommend it. After a while it just becomes routine to get up early for a workout. I've noticed several changes other than just weight loss since starting this routine. I sleep better at night, eat a healthy breakfast in the morning, I make better food choices in the afternoon because I know that I worked for it in the morning, and I feel like I've accomplished something before the sun rises.

Now the challenge is going to be keeping this up during the winter! I HATE cold and dark mornings. But I'm gonna do it :)

No comments: