Friday, July 06, 2007

Day 2

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you had a great 4th of July!!!

I started NutriSystem yesterday. Everything is going just great. So far I cannot complain too much about the food. I will say it's not incredible but it's definitely edible. I never felt hungry until I woke up this morning, that was mainly because I ate dinner at 5:30pm instead of my usual 8pm.
The one thing I wasn't happy about is for women who have less than 100lbs to lose you have very little carbs. I have never liked the no carb diet. Men and women with over 100lbs to lose are all allowed one carb (equal to one slice of wheat bread) with breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've decided that I will add the one carb to my diet at least once a day. I hardly ever eat processed carbs anymore so I am comfortable that this is a diet I can maintain, even after I go off of NutriSystem.

The one thing I really do like is you are allowed between 2 and 3 free foods a day. A free food has to be under 45 calories. So 1 rice cake and 1 cup of jello works great as a free food!

I am still supper excited about this diet. We will just have to wait and see what kind of weight loss I see after a week :) I'll post an official weigh-in on day 7 (or around day 7 if I forget!!).

5 comments:

Cory said...

I don't think adding the carb will cause you any trouble. I'm glad you are enjoying it so far.
I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Fatinah said...

Another blog that I read was just saying that the women's diet on nutrisystem was around 180g of carb a day - that doesn't sound very low carb.....sounds like you have a great plan in place - glad to hear that you find the foods good to eat!! Looking forward to your journey!

Tigerlilly said...

Should be great to see how much you lose on it. I am not big on the no carb diet either, but what you have in mind sounds very sensible.

Keep us posted!!

Christine said...

Just stumbled on your blog - would love to hear how the whole nutrisystem thing works for you this coming week. Please share your experience. Great blog by the way.

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Sounds like everything's going great! I'm anxious to hear more about it!