Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Motivation

Since we are all always looking for the motivation that keeps us going and working hard at our goals I figured I would post the positive things I have experienced since losing weight.

Pros of losing weight:
  • Feeling healthier and more fit every day
  • There is nothing like the high of trying on a size smaller and having it fit!
  • Finding clothes that fit you in a "Normal Sized" store (ie. not Lane Bryant)
  • Being able to wear sexy summer tops
  • My fingers have gotten smaller so I can wear rings now that I never could before
  • Crossing my legs makes me feel sexy
  • Receiving compliments from people you haven't seen in a while
  • Finding muscles you never had before
  • Seeing new definitions in your body
  • Fitting comfortably in an airplane seat
  • Having the ability to walk up several flights of stairs without getting totally winded
  • Looking forward to your next workout
  • Watching the numbers on the scale going down is a rush
  • Having your friends ask you for advice on losing weight or working out
  • Having the confidence in yourself that you may not have had before
  • I now wear sexy strappy sandals
These are a few reasons that I can find the motivation to keep going. What positive things have you guys realized since losing weight??

6 comments:

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

I feel healthier and less self-conscious!

Cory said...

I have felt a lot less sel-conscious as well lately. And sexier. Which is a plus for me. It's been weeks since I just felt gross (about my body anyway!).

jeannie* said...

Yay! Those are all such happy things... thanks for the inspiration :)

Anonymous said...

While I haven't lost the weight I wanted to yet, I have upped my exercise and.....

I love how strong my legs look.
That makes me feel invincible.

Nice list, thanks for posting it.

Fatinah said...

this is a great list!

JOY said...

Gosh what a wonderful list!

Very inspirational!

Wonderful post.